Reformation Conference 2018
Time & Location
Event Info and Schedule
Over 500 years ago, the Protestant Reformation turned the Western world upside down. The Reformation brought forth the recovery of the biblical gospel. For the Reformers like Martin Luther, the recovery of the gospel meant a recovery of biblical Christianity. Often forgotten and largely ignored, the sovereignty of God in salvation was at the heart of the Reformation. Luther declared that the sovereignty of God in salvation was “the hinge” upon which the Reformation swung. For the Reformers, man’s enslavement to sin was so great and so deep, that it would take nothing less than God’s will, and God’s will alone, to decisively save sinners.
As we look back at the Reformation, we see that the issues then, are still our issues now. Join us October 26th-28th at First Baptist Church of Lakes for Reformation Weekend Conference 2018 as we discuss why God’s sovereignty in salvation mattered in the Reformation and why it still matters for Christians and the church today!
- Session One - Israel's Unbelief, Paul's Burden - 6:00 PM
- Session Two - God's Sovereign Freedom - 7:30 PM
- Session Three - Two Ways of Righteousness: By Works, or Through Faith - 9:00 AM
- Session Four - Israel's Loss Is Gentile Gain - 10:30 AM
- Q &A - 9:45 AM
- Session Five - All Israel Will Be Saved - 11:00 AM
- Session Six - Our Amazing God - 4:30 PM
- Fellowship and Dinner - 6:00 PM